Inform Assist recover

Pursley Law Firm, Slip-and-Fall Accident Attorney

Pursley Law Firm, Slip-and-Fall Accident Attorney

Pursley Law Firm, Slip-an…

In California, slip-and-fall cases and other injuries occurring on someone else’s property are called premises liability claims. You and your personal injury attorney will have to prove the property owner or manager was negligent in their use or maintenance of the property, you were harmed, and the negligence was a substantial factor in causing your harm.

What are Common Types of Premises Liability Cases?

You may have a premises liability claim when you are injured on someone else’s property, or even in public spaces controlled by the government. Some common types of premises liability cases include:

  • Slip-and-fall (or trip-and-fall)
  • Broken stair or handrail injuries
  • Elevator accidents
  • Construction site injuries
  • Home accidents (not in your own home)
  • Missing warning signs about dangerous hazards

What all these cases have in common is that someone had a responsibility to keep a place safe and didn’t do so. As a result, you had an accident and were injured.

How Can You be Compensated for After a Fall?

Most property owners have homeowners insurance, renters insurance, or property and casualty insurance to cover injuries on the property. However, insurance companies will do everything in their power to minimize what they pay premises liability victims. It is important to seek the advice of an attorney to make sure you are not being undervalued by the insurance companies. California law says you can be compensated for any “economic” or “non-economic” losses that result from a slip and fall or premises liability injury. This includes:

  • Medical bills from doctors, hospitals and therapists
  • Drug and medical equipment costs
  • Lost wages or earning capacity
  • Replacement service costs (such as landscapers or child care providers)
  • Transportation costs (if you can’t drive yourself)
  • Property damage
  • Disability or loss of limb
  • Disfigurement or scarring
  • Pain and suffering

In wrongful death cases after a fatal accident, you may also collect:

  • Funeral and burial expenses
  • Lost income from the deceased family member
  • Loss of support and companionship

In some rare cases, you can also use “punitive damages” to punish the property owner or manager for intentional or reckless actions that result in especially serious injuries, or when a property owner tried to cover up what happened after the fact.

Contact Pursley Law today to set up a meeting with a local slip-and-fall accident lawyer.

Free Case Evaluation

At no cost to you we'll explore the details of your case, discuss options, and see if there's a way to move forward. You'll only ever pay a fee if we take your case and win.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.