Carlsbad Brain Injury Lawyer
Brain injuries can completely change a person’s life. In addition to impairing a person’s movement and personality, brain injuries have few treatments available. Often, the preferred approach is to rest and allow the brain to slowly heal. In the meantime, accident victims and their families lose out on tremendous amounts of income and can suffer from extreme emotional anguish.
If you suffered a brain injury, contact Pursley Law Firm. Our Carlsbad brain injury lawyer will ask you questions about your injury and medical condition, then review the chances of bringing a successful claim for compensation. Our firm has a good record of success suing negligent people and businesses when they cause serious injuries.
Types of Brain Injuries
We are prepared to help anyone suffering from one of the following injuries:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI). Typically, an external force strikes a person’s head or shakes their brain, leading to injury. Some TBIs are penetrating, such as a bullet penetrating the skull, or non-penetrating. Any TBI is serious.
- Anoxic-hypoxic injury. Any reduction in the flow of blood or oxygen to the brain can result in the death of brain tissue within minutes. These types of injuries are common with swimming pool or boating accidents, where a person almost drowns.
- Brain hemorrhage. A person can suffer bleeding in the brain due to trauma but also from a medical event which is not properly treated. Medical malpractice is often a cause of these injuries, which might be fatal.
Brain injuries are extremely common. According to the Centers for Disease Control, more than 150 die from a TBI every single day. More than 200,000 are hospitalized each year.
Brain injuries are very difficult to treat. If you are suffering from bleeding, then surgery is often required to prevent death. But other brain injuries cannot be treated surgically. At most, your medical team will recommend rest and possibly rehabilitation while treating symptoms like anxiety, depression, or insomnia.
If you experience any of the following, please go to the hospital:
- A “thunderclap” headache
- Loss of consciousness
- Impaired balance or coordination
- Slurred speech
- Double vision
- Impaired memory or difficulty thinking
Severe or moderate brain injuries can leave someone with permanent disabilities. As a catastrophic injury, these brain injuries require expensive medical care, and some treatment is ongoing. After an accident, for example, you might never be able to cook or bathe unassisted again. Many families need to redesign their homes for the use of a wheelchair or else they employ at-home help.
Helping Those with Brain Injuries in Carlsbad
Brain injuries are devastating for families, many of whom are struggling with financial and emotional stress. We have your back. In a free consultation, we can discuss your odds of receiving compensation. We might end up suing a driver, trucker, or business that is responsible for your injury. We can also bring a medical malpractice claim where appropriate. Contact us today to speak with a Carlsbad brain injury lawyer. You have nothing to lose by reaching out to our firm.