Carlsbad Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction workers face dangerous work environments every single day. In California, the construction industry sees some of the highest rates of worker injury. If you were hurt in a construction accident, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits, but it’s not easy to get approved. Many workers are denied benefits, and they don’t know where to turn or what steps to take to request an appeal. Contact Pursley Law Firm to speak with our Carlsbad construction accident lawyer.
Construction Sites Have Many Dangers
Our clients are hurt in a variety of construction accidents:
- Construction workers can fall off buildings or from ladders. When a worker falls from a great height, they can suffer permanent disabilities and sometimes death.
- Struck-by accidents. Construction workers are often struck by falling items or materials, or else get hit by motor vehicles pulling in or out of the site.
- Dangerous or defective equipment. Saws, blowtorches, ladders, and other equipment can be defective and injure a worker. Personal protective equipment might also have defects, which defeats the purpose of using it in the first place.
- Forklift accidents. The load can slide off the front of a forklift and land on a worker, causing crush injuries and fractures.
- Electricity powers modern construction sites. Working around live wires is dangerous, and one mistake can lead to serious injuries.
- Building collapse. There is always a risk during demolition that a building will fall prematurely, crushing or burying workers.
- Fires and explosions. Chemicals and fuel on the jobsite can ignite and explode, leading to serious burn injuries, some of which are fatal.
- Excessive noise. Too much noise can lead to hearing loss and permanent disability.
Injured workers have available many sources of compensation. For example, you should qualify for workers’ compensation benefits. These benefits cover medical care and partial wage loss. Unfortunately, some insurers aggressively deny claims, or they drag out the investigation. Some insurers are also prone to insist you are fully recovered and therefore should go back to work, even when you feel crippling pain.
We are available to assist injured construction workers in Carlsbad in any way possible:
- Appeal the denial of a workers’ compensation claim.
- Investigate an accident to determine whether you can sue a third party, such as a manufacturer or member of the public.
- Negotiate with insurance companies for a settlement to your claim.
- File a lawsuit, where appropriate, against third parties for your injuries.
- Litigate your personal injury claim all the way to trial to obtain meaningful compensation.
If you can bring a third-party claim, for example, you can seek much more compensation than what workers’ comp provides. Most importantly, you can request money for your physical pain, mental anguish, depression, and reduction in the quality of your life.
We Are Proud to Represent Construction Workers
The construction trades are vital to the Carlsbad economy, and injured workers should receive fair treatment and high-quality medical care. Call Pursley Law Firm if you are struggling to get your employer’s insurer to approve your claim. Our Carlsbad construction accident lawyer will also review whether you can sue any third party for your injuries.