Carlsbad Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Some accidents are so traumatic that victims are left with permanent, disfiguring catastrophic injuries. Accident victims will not only have high, life-long medical bills. They also suffer the psychological devastation that a permanent disability causes.
At Pursley Law Firm, we can assist anyone who has suffered a catastrophic injury receive compensation from the person who injured them. Call our law firm today. A Carlsbad catastrophic injury lawyer at our firm will meet to review your medical history, present limitations, and financial expenses.
Common Catastrophic Injuries
Some of the most common catastrophic injuries include:
- A small burn can heal in a matter of weeks. But large or deep burns can lead to permanent disabilities, scarring, and pain. Any burn on the face can lead to overwhelming embarrassment and social isolation, while burns covering joints can restrict a person’s movement. Skin grafts and other surgery can help burn victims recover partially, but these are long-lasting injuries.
- Brain injuries. The brain is involved in everything we do, and certain injuries can result in disabilities depending on the area of the brain involved. Some people struggle with permanent memory loss, lack of balance, paralysis, speech impediments, and personality changes.
- Spinal cord damage. Damage to the spine can result in permanent loss of feeling and movement. A complete spinal cord injury can result in permanent paralysis below the impact site. Even incomplete injuries typically impact the victim for decades.
- Many accident victims lose limbs when they are caught in machinery or suffer a crush injury. Sometimes an amputation is necessary to prevent more serious complications, such as crush syndrome.
- Toxic exposure. Some toxins result in permanent disabilities when they affect the brain or other critical organs.
- Trauma to the eye area can permanently damage optical nerves. Blindness might also stem from toxic chemicals splashed into the eyes.
Catastrophic injuries cause serious losses. Most victims have life-long medical needs, including future surgeries or at-home care. They also struggle to earn an income following the accident. Few people can return to their old jobs, so they might have to accept part-time or lower-paying work. Other people are so disabled they can never work again.
We also need to calculate the pain and suffering which flow from catastrophic injuries. Many of our clients struggle with depression or anxiety. Others are overwhelmed with fears about the future.
Our firm seeks fair compensation for these injuries, but it is an uphill climb. Some of our clients suffer such extreme losses that there is no way a defendant can fully compensate them.
Looking Out For Your Long-Term Interests After A Life-Changing Injury
Some people heal quickly and return to work after an injury. Others never recover from a serious accident. The chronic pain or disabilities may force them to quit working or scale back. Everyday living becomes harder and less enjoyable than before.
I am attorney Jared Pursley and I help victims and their families recover compensation after a permanent or catastrophic injury. I fight for compensation to cover the financial hardships, future medical needs and personal suffering.
Serving Carlsbad, Oceanside, San Marcos and beyond.
Compassionate Support For Catastrophic Injuries
Motor vehicle accidents, such as collisions involving trucks, accidents in which pedestrians and bike riders are hit by cars and motorcycle collisions with cars, are common sources of severe injuries. The violent forces are more than the human body can bear, resulting in:
- Spinal cord injuries resulting in paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Loss of limbs or surgical amputations
- Back and neck injuries (fractured vertebrae, herniated discs)
- Major orthopedic injuries (broken pelvises, hip fractures)
- Broken bones that don’t heal properly
- Severe burns or facial scarring
- Nerve damage
Even slip-and-fall accidents can result in head traumas or other life-changing injuries. Whatever the injuries, my mission is to help alleviate the burdens and improve my clients’ quality of life.
I Work Closely With Clients To Tell Their Story
A personal injury lawsuit must establish liability (fault) and damages (harm). In the case of serious and permanent injuries, I work with the family, the doctors and other professionals to build a comprehensive case for compensation. My job is to document the impact of the accident and the future needs of my client by illustrating their life before and after the accident.
Damages in a catastrophic case might include:
- Massive hospital bills
- Future needs such as surgery, physical rehab or nursing care
- Wheelchairs, prosthetics and medical equipment
- Costs of psychological counseling
- Modifications to the home or vehicles
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Permanent disabilities
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
A Trial Lawyer Fighting For You
My goal is an out-of-court settlement that covers all the losses. But I have the courtroom experience to take your case to a jury trial if the defense will not budge on its final offer. I know that a quick settlement will not help my clients in the long run. You can count on me to fight tirelessly for full compensation.
Personal Attention From Start To Finish
Many attorneys hand off their cases to inexperienced new associates or secretaries. At my firm, you will always work directly with me, Jared Pursley. I will educate you about your rights so you can make informed decisions as your case proceeds.
Speak with a Member of Our Legal Team
Anyone can suffer a catastrophic injury in a car crash, truck accident, workplace accident, or other incident. Please call Pursley Law Firm to discuss what happened and your current medical condition. We can help you identify all the people you might sue, and secure compensation by making a personal injury claim or filing a lawsuit. Let our Carlsbad catastrophic injury lawyer explain your legal rights in more detail during a free consultation.