Carlsbad Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents have the potential to upend anyone’s life. A collision with a mammoth big rig or semi truck can lead to significant repercussions for your health and your finances. These accidents cause major injuries which can require months of rehabilitation and medical care.
At Pursley Law Firm, we remain committed to helping accident victims injured in truck accidents. Please call our firm to discuss your legal options. Truckers have insurance to cover incidents when they are at fault and innocent people get sent to the emergency room. Our Carlsbad truck accident lawyer explains more in this post.
Fault for a Truck Accident
Our law firm must analyze the facts to determine who is at fault. Sometimes, the driver of a passenger car is at fault when they cut off a truck or travel too closely. Someone passing illegally through a truck’s blind spot might also be at fault.
In other cases, however, the trucker is clearly the responsible party because they were driving negligently or recklessly. There are many reasons why a trucker will fail to be careful behind the wheel:
- Cell phone use: any phone calls or texts can distract a trucker. A cell phone can cause manual, cognitive, and visual distraction. Helpfully, the federal government prohibits hand-held devices, but more needs to be done to ban even “hands free” phones from trucks.
- Drug or alcohol use: large numbers of truckers use illicit substances to help them get through the day. Alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, and amphetamines are some of the most common drugs used. Anyone high or intoxicated is less likely to make sound decisions behind the wheel.
- Fatigue: hauling for 10 hours a day is monotonous. Many truckers work more than 14 hours a day and can easily nod off behind the wheel of a moving rig. The federal government has tried to minimize driver fatigue by limiting their hours every week. Some trucking companies push their drivers to haul for too many hours.
- Speeding: trucks that are traveling too fast take more space to slow down, so it is no surprise when they rear-end cars on the freeway or at intersections.
- Distraction: truckers face many distractions in addition to phones, including passengers, dials, and food and drink.
If you were hurt, call our law firm. We can review all available evidence to determine fault for the crash. We might interview witnesses and request black box data to build a case against the trucker. Sometimes, a trucking company is also liable for failing to supervise or drug test their employees, which means they might need to pay you compensation as well.
You Need A Trial Lawyer Who Can Take On A Serious, Truck Accident Case
Truck accidents are very different from typical car accidents. The injuries tend to be much worse. The crash scene is more complex. And the trucking companies are well defended.
I am Carlsbad truck accident lawyer Jared Pursley. At Pursley Law Firm, I know how to investigate collisions involving 18-wheelers and other trucks. I am an experienced litigator who is not afraid to battle trucking firms and their insurers for the full compensation that my clients deserve.
Serving Carlsbad, Oceanside, Vista, San Marcos and the surrounding areas in Southern California.
Time Is Critical In A Truck Accident Case
The trucking company and its defense team will send their own investigators to gather information and make their own case. I have the resources to investigate promptly, from putting the trucking firm on notice to preserving evidence to bringing in an accident reconstruction expert. Was the driver fatigued or impaired? Was the driver properly trained? Was the truck poorly maintained or overloaded? I will find out.
I welcome any type of truck accident case, from semi trucks on Interstate 5 or State Route 78 to crashes on other local roads involving dump trucks, freight trucks, delivery trucks and other commercial vehicles. The sooner I know about the incident, the better I can preserve evidence and protect your rights.
An Advocate Fighting For Your Rights
Truck crashes often result in fatalities, traumatic brain injuries and other serious injuries that change lives. I am here to guide you through this difficult time. You can count on me to vigorously pursue damages that cover the present harm and your long-term needs, including medical bills, lost earnings, future medical care and compensation for pain and suffering.
At my firm, my clients always work with me, Jared Pursley. You will never be handed off to work solely with a secretary or paralegal. I will keep you informed and updated, and I will be available throughout the process to answer questions or help with legal issues that arise.
We Will Fight for You
Truck accidents send motorists to the hospital with neck injuries, concussions, facial injuries, paralysis, and more. You deserve compensation to cover the costs of your medical care, property damage, pain and suffering, and lost income. Call Pursley Law Firm to find out if you have a valid legal claim. In a consultation, our Carlsbad truck accident lawyer will help you weigh your legal options and provide an overview of truck accident claims.