Carlsbad Burn Injury Lawyer
Many types of accidents cause burns, and the results are often traumatic. At Pursley Law Firm, we have helped many people suffering serious burn injuries get the compensation they need to cover expenses. Please contact our law firm today if you were burned in a car wreck or other accident. We can immediately jump in and identify whether you can sue, as well as calculate a fair settlement. Our Carlsbad burn injury lawyer is standing by to explain more in a free consultation.
Over a Decade of Experience Helping Burn Victims
Our clients suffer burns in a variety of accidents:
- Car accidents. Battery acid can splash on a motorist’s skin, or the car can catch on fire, burning a motorist before they can escape.
- Motorcycle accidents. Any exposed skin can suffer a friction burn and probably need skin grafts.
- Electrocution accidents. An electrical current can burn a victim’s skin, along with injuring internal organs.
- Defective products. Hazardous products can catch on fire or explode, leaving someone with burns.
- Work accidents. Many workers handle dangerous chemicals or work around strong electrical currents. Many construction workers suffer burn injuries.
These injuries vary in terms of their severity. Not every burn is deadly. However, the larger and deeper the burn, the more likely that you will suffer disfigurement and permanent disability. Burns over joints are particularly dangerous, since contracting skin will reduce your range of motion.
Some complications include:
- Disfigurement and scarring. Any second-degree burn could lead to permanent scarring. When scars appear on a person’s neck, hands, or face, the victim might struggle with depression and possibly withdraw from society.
- Sometimes the only way to treat a third- or fourth-degree burn is to amputate the affected limb.
- Burns can lead to serious infection which must be treated quickly, otherwise they can lead to sepsis and possibly death.
- Emotional distress. Burn victims report feeling a sense of dread about the future and fear for their families and their finances. Many burn accident victims experience post-traumatic stress disorder based on the event.
You deserve compensation to defray the cost of living with a burn. Pursley Law Firm can identify who is at fault for your injury and then seek a settlement to cover the cost of medical care, future medical expenses, and lost income. Someone suffering amputation or permanent disability could need continuing medical attention for the remainder of their lives.
We also seek money for your pain, suffering, and mental anguish. Compensation for these “non-economic” damages are often considerable, especially when burns are disfiguring.
Contact Our Law Firm for Assistance
Burn injury victims should not hesitate to reach out to Pursley Law Firm. If you hire us, we can handle all the legal work, while you focus on rehabilitation and mental health counseling. We have negotiated many favorable personal injury settlements for our clients, and we will bring the same level of professionalism to your case as we do for all clients. Call us today to speak directly with a Carlsbad burn injury lawyer about your accident.