Carlsbad Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents are a common sight in Carlsbad. The state as a whole saw around 277,000 people injured in car accidents in 2021. There is a commonsense reason why the state requires that motorists have liability insurance to drive in the state: without insurance, masses of people would have bills they cannot afford to pay.
If you were hurt in a collision, give Pursley Law Firm a call, or reach out to us online. Our Carlsbad car accident lawyer can help you document your accident and seek compensation from the at-fault driver. It is never too late to call.
Car Accidents Leave Too Many Motorists Injured
Before someone can legally drive in California, they need to take a driver’s education course and pass a driving test to receive a license. You would expect everyone to be a safe driver. Unfortunately, negligence remains a real problem on California’s highways and roads. Too many drivers are acting carelessly while behind the wheel, and unsuspecting people are struck and hurt.
Some examples of negligence include:
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving
- Passing illegally
- Failing to yield
- Driving on the sidewalk
- Drunk driving
Negligent motorists cause serious injuries in different types of accidents:
- Rear-end collisions. These wrecks happen when one driver hits a car in front of them. Victims often suffer whiplash, concussions, and facial injuries when they are thrown forward.
- Head-on collisions. Two cars slam into each other front to front. These are fortunately rare, because they tend to be deadly.
- T-bone wrecks. A car will drive into the side of another, often at intersections. Victims typically suffer fractures, chest injuries, concussions, and neck injuries.
- Sideswipe accidents. Two cars going in the same direction can collide side-by-side. This type of accident can cause all the usual injuries, such as neck and head injuries.
- A car can flip onto its side or the hood when struck or when tripped by something. Unbuckled passengers can die when they break their necks. Other motorists suffer head injuries, fractures, and soft-tissue injuries.
Please call Pursley Law Firm following your car crash. We can help you identify whether you can sue for compensation to cover your lost wages, medical bills, property damage, pain, suffering, and future losses. No one should try to negotiate a settlement on their own with an insurer which is likely to offer very low compensation.
Experienced Carlsbad Car Accident Lawyer
California has many laws that limit an accident victim’s ability to receive compensation from a crash. For example, the statute of limitations gives victims only 3 years to file a lawsuit. Our “no pay, no play” law also prevents uninsured motorists from seeking compensation for non-economic damages like pain and emotional distress. Similarly, the state’s comparative negligence law can reduce your compensation if you were careless behind the wheel as well.
These laws are confusing, and you benefit from the help of a seasoned lawyer. Call Pursley Law to talk with our Carlsbad car accident lawyer at no cost to you in a confidential consultation.