Carlsbad Rear End Accident Lawyer
Rear end collisions can happen anywhere in Carlsbad. Maybe you were idling at a red light when a car coming up front behind slammed into you, or possibly you were breezing along the freeway when an aggressive driver flew into your back bumper. Regardless of where the accident happens, you can suffer serious injuries in this type of crash. Call Pursley Law Firm for assistance. Our Carlsbad rear end accident lawyer excels at reconstructing accidents and helping victims seek compensation from the person responsible.
Who is At Fault for a Rear End Collision in Carlsbad?
California is a fault state for car accidents. This means that after a crash, victims submit a claim on the at-fault driver’s liability insurance. Fault can be shared, meaning both drivers were somewhat at fault. However, most rear end accidents are the fault of the car that struck the vehicle in front of it.
Some common reasons for rear end collisions include:
- A motorist might be on her phone, so she doesn’t see that a car up ahead is stopped or slowing down. Other distractions include pets, children, and food or drink.
- A tired driver has slower reflexes and is at risk of nodding off briefly. As a result, the driver never hits the brakes to slow down but crashes into someone.
- Intoxication or chemical impairment. Alcohol and marijuana are depressants, and they slow a driver’s thought process and reflexes. Many impaired drivers also lack even basic coordination.
- A motorist riding your bumper has less of a cushion if you slow down in front of it. Drivers are supposed to allow a two-second cushion as a minimum, but tailgaters have no time to stop.
- Aggressive driving. Some motorists are swerving in and out of traffic or passing illegally. They consequently slam into a car when they try to pull back in their lane.
In some cases, the car in front is responsible for a rear end collision, such as when they brake check for no reason. But this is rare.
Once we assign fault, we can seek compensation for your injuries. Rear end collisions cause some typical injuries, such as:
- Chest injuries
- Facial injuries
- Back injuries
- Herniated disc
We strongly recommend that you head to the hospital following a wreck. Tell the doctor you were involved in a rear-end crash and point out where you feel pain. Remember to hold onto your medical bills so that we can calculate the full value of your claim. We have success seeking compensation for medical bills and other out-of-pocket expenses, as well as for your mental distress or pain.
Protecting Your Legal Rights in Carlsbad
We wish that filing an insurance claim was hassle-free. Unfortunately, many motorists find that getting compensation is like banging their head against a cement wall. Many insurers quickly deny claims for no reason or never respond to phone calls. Call Pursley Law Firm to talk about your case with our Carlsbad rear end accident lawyer. We can negotiate a settlement on your behalf.